Troubleshooting Guide to Fix RAD Game Errors, Launching Issue, Crashing, Freezing and Low FPS
Fix Low-Level Fatal Error Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost/Crash on Startup/Low FPS/Freezing
If you are facing startup error, crashing, freezing, low FPS, graphics issue or any performance issues with RAD game, try the workarounds mentioned below:
Step 1: Update your graphics card driver
- Nvidia users, use GeForce Experience to update your graphics card, select Express installation.
- AMD Users can update the graphics card using this link.
Also, update your Unreal Engine
After the graphics card update, restart your PC
Step 2: Run game as an administrator
Go to the game folder or desktop shortcut, make a right-click on game exe, click on Properties. Now go to the Compatibility tab and check the box which says Run this program as an administrator and hit Apply.
Step 3: Adjust For Best Performance
Open Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings. Go to the Advanced tab and under Performance showing Visual Effects click on Settings and select “Adjust for best performance” and hit Apply and OK
Step 4: Disable Antivirus Software While Playing RAD
There might be a possibility of Antivirus program conflicting with Unreal engine or your game files, so disable your antivirus while playing the game, you can always turn on the antivirus later.
Step 5: Verify the Integrity of the Game Files
Launch Steam, go to the Games Library, make a right-click on the RAD game, click on Properties, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files under Local Files tab.
Launch the RAD game after the repair is complete.
Step 6: Disable Battery Boost in Nvidia GeForce Experience
This is applicable to Nvidia users when your laptop is not charging.
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience.
- Go to the Games option and disable Battery Boost
- Launch the RAD game
Step 7: Switch to Dedicated Graphics card
It is seen that in the laptop, most of the time game use integrated graphics to run the game, follow the steps below to select the dedicated graphics card.
- Launch Nvidia Control Panel by making a right-click on the desktop.
- Select Manage 3D Settings and go to the Program Settings and select RAD from the drop-down list. (If you don’t see the game in the list click on Add and find the game in the list, you may also have to click on Browse and find the game)
- After selecting the game, set preferred graphics processor to High performance Nvidia processor and go below to find Power Management set it to Prefer Maximum Power.
- Open Radeon Settings. Make a right-click on an empty space on the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Select System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select the game (if it is not in the list you can add it by using the Browse option and select the .exe-file of the game) Select High Performance for the game from the drop-down option.
- Click Apply
- Close Radeon Settings and launch RAD.
Step 8: Update Your Windows
Open Windows 10 setting by pressing Windows + I key on the keyboard, then click on Update & Security, now click on Check for updates to update Windows 10.
Windows 7 users can install Windows 7 sp1 platform update. Windows 7 Users use this link to update.
Fix Issue with the Movement
If the character sometimes moves faster and suddenly it slows down, in that case, you may have noticed that the character leaves a trail of grass or plant growth behind itself, if you walk on those trails, you can notice that there is an increase in speed.
Where are RAD Saved Game Files Located?
I hope this article helped you to fix RAD Game Errors, Launching Issue, Crashing, Freezing and Low FPS with the game.