Madden NFL 20 Troubleshooting Guide- Fix Madden NFL 20 Crashing, Freezing, Installation and Connection Issue On Xbox One & PS4
Madden NFL 20 Xbox One Troubleshooting Guide
Fix Madden NFL 20 Download Issue
Step 1: Check the status of Xbox Live Service
In case of any error, you have to wait for the service to be up and running as shown below:
Step 2: Log in with the Right Xbox Account
Ensure that you are logged to the Xbox live with the correct profile which you have used to buy Madden NFL 20, also make sure you are connected properly to Xbox live.
Step 3: Make Sure You Have Enough Hard Drive Space
Check the Xbox One notification to ensure you have required space to install Madden NFL 20. Steps are shown below:
- Use the Xbox button to launch the guide, choose Communication > Messages from Xbox Live.
- Check for any notifications showing a low hard drive space.
- In case there is low space alert, make some space by deleting some content or connect the external hard drive.
Step 4: Update your Xbox One
“Download stopped” error may occur if your Xbox One is not up to date. Update your Xbox One to fix this. you may need to install an update before the download can complete.
To check an update on Xbox One:
- Use the Xbox button to launch the guide.
- Choose System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
- You will see the update available, download and install the update and then try downloading Madden NFL 20.
Fix Madden NFL 20 Installation Issue On Xbox One
- Go to the Download History using the main Xbox Menu.
- Select the Madden NFL 20 game file and press the menu button.
- Now Click On Install.
Fix Madden NFL 20 Crashing, Freezing, Loading, Errors and Connection Issue On Xbox One
Solution 1: Perform Hard Reset
Press and hold the power button 10-20 seconds when Xbox One is on. Unplug everything from the console, wait for 10-20 seconds, plug everything back and start the Xbox One and launch Madden NFL 20.
- Login to Origin, select your Avatar then select EA Account and Billing.
- Go to Connected Accounts under About Me option. Here you will be able to see which account is connected to the EA account. If its different account then login to the correct EA account. Once corrected start playing Madden NFL 20 online.
Solution 3: Check Xbox One Update
Please update your Madden NFL 20 game and update your Xbox One.
Solution 4: Check Error codes on the Microsoft website
Visit this link if you receive any error code when you try to connect to the Madden NFL 20 game.
Solution 5: Open Ports For Madden NFL 20
Open these ports:
UDP: 88, 3074, 53, 500, 3544, 4500, 1863
TCP: 80, 3074, 53, 1863
For Madden NFL 20
UDP: 53, 88, 3074
TCP: 53, 80, 3074
Solution 6: Enable UPnP to Play Madden NFL 20
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) allows the router to automatically look and manage connections for all the systems on your network.
You have to check your router settings to see if UPnP is enabled. Please contact your ISP in case you need help in enabling UPnP
Solution 7: Check NAT Settings
To Check NAT type:
- Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Select Network.
On the Network settings screen, in the center column under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type.
- NAT is type 1 (open)– This means you can connect to any NAT type. If you have this option selected that means you will get the best online experience
- NAT is type 2 (moderate)– You can only connect to other players who have NAT types 2 or 1. This may result in voice communications issue and slow matchmaking period.
- NAT is type 3 (strict)– you can only connect to players who have NAT type 1. This results in very limited voice communication and long wait time in matchmaking. So opting for NAT 1 will be a good idea to play Madden NFL 20.
Solution 8: Reset Xbox One to the Factory Defaults
Note: Reset Xbox One to its factory defaults will delete accounts, settings, saved games, and home Xbox associations. You will lose everything which is not synchronized with Xbox Live.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select Settings.
- Select All Settings.
- Select System.
- Select Console info & updates.
- Select Reset console.
Under Reset Console, you will see three options:
1) Reset and remove everything: You will lose everything on selecting this option. Try these steps if none of the steps fix the problem.
2) Reset and keep my games & apps: Try this step first so that you don’t lose anything.
3) Cancel: To deny Reset and go back.
Once done with factory default launch Madden NFL 20.
Madden NFL 20 PS4 Troubleshooting Guide
Fix Madden NFL 20 Installation Issue
- Go to the Notifications using XMB, or main PlayStation menu.
- Select Downloads and find your Madden NFL 20 download file.
- Use the Options button and choose Install.
Make Sure That Your PSN ID Is Linked To Your EA Account
- Login into the Origin to check the which account is linked to your EA account
- First login to the origin
- Select your avatar and then click on EA Account and Billing
- Go down and select Connected Accounts under the About Me tab. Now you can see which is connected to EA Account
Ensure PS4 Is Up To Date
First, you need an internet connection. Now On the Function screen, select Settings and then System Software Update to make sure that the system has the latest version of the system software. In case there is an update available, it will automatically download the latest version. When the download is complete, you will receive a notification in the upper left corner of the screen. Click on Notification message and follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
Update Madden NFL 20
Setting up the auto-update on PS4 is the best way to keep your game up to date.
To activate auto-update follow the three steps mentioned below:
- Turn on PS4 from Network- Go to Settings then Power Saving Settings and then Set Features Available in Rest Mode and check the box next to the Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning On of PS4 from Network
- Automatic download- Go to Settings then System and then Automatic Downloads and check the box next to the Application Update Files.
- Switch on Rest Mode- Press and hold the PS button and select Enter Rest Mode. The power indicator on the PlayStation 4 system will turn orange
Doing this will update Madden NFL 20 and all your PS4 games automatically.
Restart your PlayStation
If you have PS4 or PS4 Pro, press and hold the power button on the front until you hear the beep sound twice, unplug the power cable, wait 25-30 seconds and plug in the power cable once again and start PS4 and launch Madden NFL 20.
Check The Error Codes
In case you are receiving error codes while connecting to Madden NFL 20 game visit PlayStation support site to know more about the error and follow the steps to fix it.
Get Rid Of Corrupt Downloads and Update Files
A corrupt download of Madden NFL 20 game or Madden NFL 20 game updates will cause many issues. So, delete these corrupt downloads and try again.
Note: Deleting the files will result in in-game progress loss.
- Press the PS button on the controller to get the XMB screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Application Saved Data management.
- Choose Saved Data in System Storage.
- Select Delete.
- Select the Madden NFL 20 game which you cannot connect.
- Delete the game data and squad or roster files.
Test Your Internet Connection
To test an Internet connection select Settings then Network and then Test Internet Connection.
Please ensure that your console is well ventilated. Ensure that all of the exhaust fans are not dusty. If the console has turned off, keep it off for a couple of hours before restarting it. If you continue to use the console while it is overheating you may risk causing hardware damage. Avoiding overheating will boost FPS drop too.
Keep Stable Internet Connection
Make sure PS4 has a stable internet connection. This will provide smooth gameplay and minimize the issues while playing Madden NFL 20 game.
Try opening (forwarding) these first:
UDP: 3659, 17503, 17504, 10000-20000
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-20000, 17503, 17504, 42120, 42210, 42230, 44125, 44225, 44325
For Madden NFL 20
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3658, 10070
TCP: 80, 443, 465, 983, 5223, 10070-10080
Factory Reset PS4
- Turn off the PS4 system by pressing and holding the power button on the front panel to turn off the PS4.
- Now press and hold the power button again and release the power button after you hear the second beep, you will first beep when you press the power button and the second beep will be heard after 7 seconds.
- Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
On Safe Mode Screen you will find the Restore Default Settings,
Restoring Default Settings will not delete the saved data on your hard drive (games, save data, screenshots, etc.) but will remove all of the settings applied to the system. This is a useful step if you are looking to quickly refresh all of your system’s settings to their original state. Restarting the PS4 system normally will end the Safe Mode.