To Fix the Launching, Crashing, Freezing, Low FPS, Graphics Issue and other multiple Issue with They Are Billions game please follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
Restart Steam To Fix Launching and Crashing
Exit out of the They Are Billions game, restart your PC, open Steam client and launch the game.
Verify The Integrity Of The Game Files In Steam
- Open Steam
- Go to the Library, make a right-click on They Are Billions and select Properties.
- Choose the Local files tab, click on the Verify integrity of game files…
Run They Are Billions As An Administrator
Make a right-click on They Are Billions desktop shortcut. If you don’t have one, look for the They Are Billions exe file in the executable file in the game installation folder.
When you make right click, select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab and check the box at the bottom under settings where it says Run this Program as an administrator and Click Apply and OK.
Allow They Are Billions to Your Antivirus Program
Add They Are Billions exe file to Windows Security through Controlled folder access. If you have any other antivirus, make sure to add They Are Billions to allow list and also try running the game as an administrator.
Type in Windows Security in the windows search box to open Windows Security.
Select on Virus & threat protection
On the next screen under Ransomware protection click on Manage ransomware protection.
Under Controlled folder access, click on allow an app through Controlled folder access
Click on Add an Allowed app and select Browse all apps to add They Are Billions exe.
Do Not Overclock To Play They Are Billions
If you are Overclocking or Turbo Boosting hardware in your computer, then we suggest resetting the processor or GPU to the manufacturer specifications, as doing so may prevent any crashing and freezing. Also, try disabling Vsync.
Also, disable Intel Turbo Booster from BIOS settings and in case you are not able to figure out contact your system manufacturer.
Update Windows To Play They Are Billions
Open Windows 10 setting by pressing Windows + I key on the keyboard, then click on Update & Security, now click on Check for updates to update Windows 10.
Windows 7 users can install Windows 7 sp1 platform update. Windows 7 Users use this link to update.
Fix Low FPS and Crashing
- Go to Windows search box on the bottom left of your screen and type Graphics Settings.
- You can see the Classic App is selected by default. Click on Browse, find and select the .exe file of They Are Billions.
- Click on Options after selecting the exe and Select High Performance option and click on Save as shown below:
- Now go to game folder and launch the .exe file of They Are Billions as an administrator.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel by making a right click on the desktop
- Select Manage 3D Settings and go to the Program Settings and select They Are Billions from the drop-down list (If you don’t see the game in the list click on Add and find the game in the list, you may also have to click on Browse and find the game)
- After selecting the game, set preferred graphics processor to High performance Nvidia processor and go below to find Power Management set it to Prefer Maximum Power
- Open Radeon Settings. Make a right click on an empty space on the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Select System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select the game (if it is not in the list you can add it by using the Browse option and select the .exe-file of the game) Select High Performance for the game from the drop down option.
- Click Apply
- Close Radeon Settings and launch the game.
Update your PC to the latest supported Visual C++
Visit this Microsoft link to update Visual C++ on your PC
Also, run CCleaner to clean your system, this will help you to run the game smoothly.
Try these workarounds
- Turn off VSync or Freesync.
- Use Windowed mode to play the game.
- Lower down the video settings within your game.
- Turn off Shadowplay
- Turn MSI Afterburner
- Close all the files, browser or any apps running in the background while playing They Are Billions
Update Windows & Graphics Card To Play They Are Billions
Windows 10 users, press Windows + I and go to Updates & Security and click on Check for Updates
Windows 7 users can visit this link to update Windows.
Nvidia Graphics card user, use GeForce Experience to update the game. Visit this link to update Nvidia Graphics driver.
Update the Audio Driver To Fix Audio Issue
Make sure to update the audio driver from the device manager or visit your system manufacturer website to do so. Right-click the speaker icon on the bottom right of your screen and click on Sounds and go to the Playback tab and disable all the sound devices except the internal speaker or the speaker which you want to use.
You can also try changing the audio from surround sound to stereo. If the issue still persists use Troubleshoot Sound problems option by making a right click on Windows speaker icon on the bottom right of your screen.
Uninstall and Reinstall of They Are Billions
If none of the steps resolve the issue, try considering uninstall and reinstall of They Are Billions as the game files may have gone corrupt.
- Launch Steam and go to the Library
- Make a right click on They Are Billions, click on Uninstall.
- Restart your PC after uninstall and download the game once again.
I hope by following the steps mentioned above, you should be able to resolve They Are Billions Lagging, Crashing, Freezing, Low FPS and Graphics issue.