Troubleshooting Guide Fix The Dark Pictures Anthology Man of Medan Black Screen, Coop, Fatal Error & HDR Issue
Fix Black Screen/Crashing/Launching Issue/Fatal Error/Low FPS With The Dark Pictures Anthology Man of Medan Game
Steps 1: Update the Graphics Driver
Nvidia Users can use the GeForce Experience to install the latest update.
AMD users please use this link to update AMD graphics.
Restart your PC after the graphics update and launch the game.
Step 2: Run the Game in Windowed Mode
Many players were able to fix the black screen issue by launching the game in Windowed mode. Use Alt + Enter to switch to Windowed mode.
Step 3: Use Alt + Tab
Many players were able to fix the issue by simply using the Alt+ Tab key on the keyboard. Please, alt-tabbed out of the game and then back into the game.
Step 4: Rename Mp4 File
Few players were able to resolve the black screen issue by renaming the MP4 file.
Navigate to theSTEAM/stemapps/common/The Dark Pictures Anthology – Man of Medan/SMG019/Content/Movies/CuratorIntro. Here you can find CuratorIntro.mp4 file, rename the file to CuratorIntro.bak and try to launch the game.
Step 5: Run Man of Medan as an Administrator
Go to the game folder or desktop shortcut, make a right-click on game exe, click on Properties. Now go to the Compatibility tab and check the box which says Run this program as an administrator and hit Apply.
Step 6: Adjust For Best Performance While Playing Man of Medan
Open Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings. Go to the Advanced tab and under Performance showing Visual Effects click on Settings and select “Adjust for best performance” and hit Apply and OK
Step 7: Disable Antivirus Program While Playing Man of Medan
The antivirus program may conflict with the game files and cause multiple issue while playing Man of Medan, so disable your antivirus while playing Man of Medan.
Step 8: Verify the Integrity of the Man of Medan Game Files
Launch Steam, go to the Games Library, right-click on the Man of Medan game, select Properties, click on Verify Integrity of Game Files under Local Files tab.
Launch the Man of Medan game after the repair is complete.
Step 9: Disable Battery Boost in Nvidia GeForce Experience
Steps are applicable to Nvidia users when the laptop is not charging.
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Experience.
- Go to the Games option and disable Battery Boost
- Launch the Man of Medan game
Try this along with other troubleshooting to fix Fatal Error:
Try Lowering down the graphics settings in the game. Also, try the following to fix the fatal error.
- Go to the Steam Library, right-click on Man of Medan and select properties.
- Go to the General tab, and click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS.
- A small box will prompt, in that box type in -WinX=0 -WinY=0 and click on OK.
- Now launch the game. This may fix Fatal Error.
Step 10: Use Dedicated Graphics Card to Play Man of Medan
For laptop users, sometimes the game picks up the integrated graphics to run the game, follow the steps below to select the dedicated graphics card.
- Launch Nvidia Control Panel by making a right-click on the desktop.
- Select Manage 3D Settings and go to the Program Settings and select Man of Medan from the drop-down list. (If you don’t see the game in the list click on Add and find the game in the list, you may also have to click on Browse and find the game)
- After selecting the game, set preferred graphics processor to High performance Nvidia processor and go below to find Power Management set it to Prefer Maximum Power.
- Open Radeon Settings. right-click on the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Select System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select the game (if it is not in the list you can add it by using the Browse option and select the .exe-file of the game) Select High Performance for the game from the drop-down option.
- Click Apply
- Close Radeon Settings and launch Man of Medan.
Step 11: Update Your Windows
Launch Windows 10 setting by pressing Windows + I, click on Update & Security, now click on Check for updates to update Windows 10.
Windows 7 users can install Windows 7 sp1 platform update. Windows 7 Users use this link to update.
Fix Multiplayer/Coop/Connection Issue With The Dark Pictures Anthology Man of Medan Game
Please check your steam name. Make sure you & your friend’s nickname does not have any special characters, use only English letters, avoid using any emotions or such thing. In case the issue still persists. try changing the name. Doing this should help you to connect online.
The Dark Pictures Anthology Man of Medan HDR Issue
Try this workaround:
First, enable HDR on Windows 10 settings, now go to the in-game setting and switch to Windows Fullscreen.
Right now I was not able to find any specific fix, maybe we have to wait for the latest patch to fix this, I will update the post as soon as I come up with any other solution.
Unable to Change Resolution Man of Medan
If the game goes to 4K by default and you have 1080p monitor and you are unable to change the resolution then use Full-Screen option to get the best resolution.
Fix The Dark Pictures Anthology Man of Medan DirectX Runtime Error
Update Windows 10, Windows 7 users can install Windows 7 sp1 platform update. Windows 7 Users use this link to update.
If the issue still persists, reset your PC (Backup data before reset) and redownload the game.
Fix Blue Screen Error With Man of Medan Game
Visit this link and try the troubleshooting provided to fix the blue screen issue.
Fix Man of Medan Mouse Cursor Disappearing Issue
- Avoid using Alt + Tab while playing the game
- Try to Long press any Arrow key (Left, Right, Up, Down) on the keyboard.
- In case, the issue is not resolved restart the game.
I hope this article helped you to fix multiple issues with The Dark Pictures Anthology Man of Medan game on PC.