Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Remnant From the Ashes Crashing, Freezing, FPS Drop, Corrupt Profile, Loading, Black Screen and Other Multiple Issue.
How to Activate a Remnant From the Ashes Product Code on Steam
If you have purchased the game from Arc and want to activate it on Steam, do the following:
- Launch Steam.
- Click Add A Game in the lower-left corner and select Activate a Product on Steam.
- Click on Next and agree to the steam terms and ether the product code.
How to Fix Error “Profile does not exist” or “Profile is corrupt”
- Launch the Steam client and go to your Steam Library.
- Make a Right-click on Remnant From the Ashes and choose Properties.
- Go to the Updates tab on the top and uncheck the Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization option.
- Now click on Close.
Navigate to saves folder, and delete the saves files:
- Delete the SaveGames folder
Do not enable the Cloud Saving now, launch the Remnant From the Ashes and finish the game tutorial.
Now enable Cloud Saving, when there is a prompt to fix the Steam Cloud Save conflict, ensure to select the local files.
Controller Not Working
Go to the Steam settings and click on Controller option and make sure all the controllers are checked.
Fix An Error Occurred While Installing Remnant From the Ashes WindowsNoEditor.pak File
This error may be because of bad hard drive or bad sector, change the download and installation location, choose a different drive to download and install the game, delete all the game files, connect and external hard drive or select another drive if you have multiple drives on your system.
Fix Error An Unreal process has crashed: UE4-Remnant/Remnant_Win64_Shipping=Crash
Follow step one by one- one of the steps should fix the error.
- Disable Antivirus while playing the game.
- Opt for debug mode- Make a right-click on desktop > Nvidia control panel > help > debug mode
- Disable Full-Screen Optimization- Go to the game folder Remnant From the Ashes\Engine\Binaries\Win64, make a right-click on CrashReportClient, go to the Compatibility tab and put a check on Disable Fullscreen optimization and hit Apply.
- Disable MyColor2 Program- If you have MyColor2 running, open task manager and end the program from the processes tab, also disable it from the Startup tab in the task manager.
- Update your Windows
- Update Graphics card- If that does not fix the problem, roll back graphics card driver.
- Cancel Error message- Ignore the error message and click on cancel and continue with the game. Few players may not see Cancel option, unfortunately, you may have to uninstall and reinstall the game
Where is the Save Game Located?
How to Get Access to Pre Order Bonus Items
Go to item details and find an option “Select Skin” for each armor.
Remnant From the Ashes Black Screen Issue
End the game from task manager and relaunch the Remnant. If not fixed verify the Remnant game files on steam, allow Remnant From the Ashes in your antivirus program or windows firewall.
Press ALT + ENTER key on the keyboard to switch to Windowed mode. In case the issue still persists, uninstall and reinstall Remnant From the Ashes.
Update Video Card to Play Remnant From the Ashes
Ensure graphics card is updated.
- Nvidia users, use GeForce Experience to update your graphics card.
- AMD Users can update the graphics card using this link.
Add Remnant From the Ashes to Windows security
Exit out of Steam, restart your PC and launch Remnant From the Ashes.
If not fixed, allow Remnant From the Ashes exe to Windows Security and your antivirus program, also try launching Remnant From the Ashes as an administrator.
- Type in Windows Security in the Windows search box to open Windows Security.
- Click on Virus & threat protection
- On the next screen under Ransomware protection click on Manage ransomware protection.
- Under Controlled folder access, click on allow an app through Controlled folder access.
- and then click on Add an Allowed app and select Browse all apps to add Remnant From the Ashes exe.
Launch Remnant From the Ashes As An Administrator
Make a right-click on Remnant From the Ashes desktop shortcut. You can also find Remnant From the Ashes exe file in the game installation folder.
Make right-click on the desktop shortcut, select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab and check the box at the bottom under settings where it says Run this Program as an administrator and Click Apply and OK.
Verify The Integrity of Remnant From the Ashes Game Files In Steam
- Open Steam
- Go to the Library section, make a right-click on Remnant From the Ashes game and click on Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local files tab and click on the Verify integrity of game files…
Update Windows to Play Remnant From the Ashes
Open Windows 10 setting by pressing Windows + I key on the keyboard, then click on Update & Security, now click on Check for updates to update Windows 10.
Windows 7 users can install Windows 7 sp1 platform update. Windows 7 Users use this link to update.
Fix Remnant From the Ashes Crashing, Freezing, Stuttering, and Low FPS
- Go to Windows search box on the bottom left of your screen and type Graphics Settings.
- You can see the Classic App is selected by default. Click on Browse, find and select the .exe file of Remnant From the Ashes.
- Click on Options after selecting the exe and Select High Performance option and click on Save as shown below:
- Now go to game folder and launch the .exe file of Remnant From the Ashes as an administrator.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel by making a right-click on the desktop.
- Select Manage 3D Settings and go to the Program Settings and select Remnant From the Ashes from the drop-down list. (If you don’t see the game in the list click on Add and find the game in the list, you may also have to click on Browse and find the game)
- After selecting the game, set preferred graphics processor to High performance Nvidia processor and go below to find Power Management set it to Prefer Maximum Power.
- Open Radeon Settings. Make a right-click on an empty space on the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Select System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select the game (if it is not in the list you can add it by using the Browse option and select the .exe-file of the game) Select High Performance for the game from the drop-down option.
- Click Apply
- Close Radeon Settings and launch Remnant From the Ashes.
Remnant From the Ashes Starting on Second or Wrong Monitor
- Launch the game in windowed mode and drag it to the screen you want.
- Start Steam in Big Picture mode, go to display settings and select the monitor you want to play the game on. By doing this steam changes the windows primary display temporarily until you leave big picture mode.
- Right-click on the desktop, select Display Setting, go to Advanced display settings, select the screen you want to use as a primary display.
- Right-click on the desktop to launch Nvidia control panel.
- In the Nvidia control panel make sure that under the ‘set up multiple displays’ you have selected primary monitor in the picture. Make a right-click and select “make default monitor”.
- Make a right-click on the desktop, select Display Setting, go to Advanced display settings, select the screen you want to use as a primary display.
Uninstall and Reinstall Remnant From the Ashes
If somehow game files have gone corrupt then uninstalling and reinstalling Remnant From the Ashes may fix multiple issues with the game. In case the issue still persists, please visit https://support.arcgames.com/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org