Steps to My Friend Pedro FPS Lock And Crashing Issue
- Download and install DDU from this link.
- Go to the Windows Start Menu. Click on the power button icon on the start menu, now press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard and while holding the shift key, click on Restart.
- Windows will load up the Windows recovery environment, Select Troubleshoot\Advanced options\Startup Settings and then click on Restart.
- The system should restart, press F4 or the 4 key on the keyboard to select Enable Safe Mode
- Now run DDU and remove display drivers.
- Restart Windows 10, starting windows normally will get rid of the safe mode.
- Nvidia Graphics card user, use GeForce Experience to update the game. Visit this link to install Nvidia Graphics driver.
- Uninstall DDU and GeForce Experience and Restart your PC and launch My Friend Pedro.
- Go to Windows search box on the bottom left of your screen and type Graphics Settings.
- You can see the Classic App is selected by default. Click on Browse, find and select the .exe file of My Friend Pedro.
- Click on Options after selecting the exe and Select High Performance option and click on Save as shown below:
- Now go to game folder and launch the .exe file of My Friend Pedro as an administrator.
- Open Nvidia Control Panel by making a right click on the desktop
- Select Manage 3D Settings and go to the Program Settings and select My Friend Pedro from the drop-down list (If you don’t see the game in the list click on Add and find the game in the list, you may also have to click on Browse and find the game)
- After selecting the game, set preferred graphics processor to High performance Nvidia processor and go below to find Power Management set it to Prefer Maximum Power
- Open Radeon Settings. Make a right click on an empty space on the desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Select System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select the game (if it is not in the list you can add it by using the Browse option and select the .exe-file of the game) Select High Performance for the game from the drop down option.
- Click Apply
- Close Radeon Settings and launch My Friend Pedro.
Run the My Friend Pedro As An Administrator
Make a right-click on My Friend Pedro desktop shortcut. If you don’t have one, look for the My Friend Pedro exe file in the executable file in the game installation folder.
When you make right click, select Properties, click on the Compatibility tab and check the box at the bottom under settings where it says Run this Program as an administrator and Click Apply and OK.
Allow My Friend Pedro to Your Antivirus Program
Add My Friend Pedro exe file to Windows Security through Controlled folder access. If you have any other antivirus, make sure to add My Friend Pedro to allow list and also try running the game as an administrator.
- Type in Windows Security in the windows search box to open Windows Security.
- Select on Virus & threat protection
- On the next screen under Ransomware protection click on Manage ransomware protection.
- Under Controlled folder access, click on allow an app through Controlled folder access
- Click on Add an Allowed app and select Browse all apps to add My Friend Pedro exe.
Also, close all the apps running in the background.
Do Not Overclock GPU to Play My Friend Pedro
If you are Overclocking or Turbo Boosting hardware in your computer, then we suggest resetting the processor or GPU to the manufacturer specifications, as doing so may prevent any crashing and freezing. Also, try disabling Vsync.
Also, disable Intel Turbo Booster from BIOS settings and in case you are not able to figure out contact your system manufacturer.
Open Windows 10 setting by pressing Windows + I key on the keyboard, then click on Update & Security, now click on Check for updates to update Windows 10.
Windows 7 users can install Windows 7 sp1 platform update. Windows 7 Users use this link to update.
Try these workarounds.
- Turn off VSync or Freesync.
- Use Windowed mode to play the game.
- Lower down the video settings within your game.
- Turn off Shadowplay
- Turn MSI Afterburner
- Close all the files, browser or any apps running in the background while playing My Friend Pedro.
I hope one of the solutions mentioned above should fix FPS lock issue with My Friend Pedro game on PC