Workarounds To Fix Mortal Kombat 11 Lagging, Desynchronization, Server Connection Issue, Crashing and Freezing
Most of the times, corrupt game files can result in multiple issues, navigate to the path C:\Users\user name\AppData\Local and delete the MK11 folder, now launch the game
Set High-Performance Option
- In Windows search box type in Graphics Settings to open Graphics Settings
- Under the Classic App, hit Browse, to find and select Mortal Kombat 11.
- Select Options and Select High Performance and click Save.
- Make a right click on the desktop and launch Nvidia Control Panel.
- Go to Manage 3D Settings and then Program Settings and select Mortal Kombat 11 from the drop-down list (click on Add and find Mortal Kombat 11, click on Browse to find Mortal Kombat 11)
- Now set preferred graphics processor to High performance Nvidia processor and scroll down find Power Management set it to Prefer Maximum Power
- Make a right click on the desktop and launch Radeon Settings. select AMD Radeon Settings from the menu.
- Go to System
- Select Switchable Graphics, under Switchable Graphics, select Mortal Kombat 11 (Use Browse option and select the .exe-file of Mortal Kombat 11) Select High Performance for the game from the drop down option.
- Hit Apply
- Now launch the game as administrator.
If you are using Corsair iCUE keyboard software that may be the reason for game crashing, try turning off the keyboard software.
Turn off RGBPeripherals and RGBKeyLighting off.
- Got to C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\MK11
- Find Usersettings.ini, open it in a notepad
- Set RGBKeyLighting and RGBPeripherals to Off.
- Also, run the game as an administrator
Update your PC to the latest supported Visual C++
Visit this Microsoft link to update Visual C++ on your PC
Also, run CCleaner to clean your system, this will help you to run the game smoothly.
Using the latest version of graphics driver is very important as graphics manufacturer keep updating them for the smooth performance of the game. You can use the below link to update the graphics driver.
Use ethernet connection to play Mortal Kombat 11 online, WIFI generally has a lot of speed fluctuations, using a wired connection fix the issue to a great extent. Make sure game is not blocked by any antivirus or Windows security, you can even turn off the firewall or disable the antivirus while playing the game, you can turn it on later on.
Try these workarounds
- Turn off VSync or Freesync.
- Use Windowed mode to play the game.
- Lower down the video settings within your game.
- Turn off Shadowplay
- Turn MSI Afterburner
- Close all the files, browser or any apps running in the background while playing Mortal Kombat 11
Verify the integrity of game files in Steam.
- Open Steam
- Go to the Library, make a right-click on Mortal Kombat 11 and select Properties.
- Choose the Local files tab, click on the Verify integrity of game files…
Windows 10 users can press Windows + I to open Setting, select Update & Security and click on Check for updates to update Windows 10, restart your PC after the update and launch Mortal Kombat 11.
If none of the steps resolve the issue, try considering uninstall and reinstall of Mortal Kombat 11 as the game files may have gone corrupt.
- Launch Steam and go to the Library
- Make a right click on Mortal Kombat 11, click on Uninstall.
- Restart your PC after uninstall and download the game once again.
I hope by following the steps mentioned above, you should be able to resolve Mortal Kombat 11 Lagging, Desynchronization, Server Connection Issue, Crashing and Freezing. If the issue still persists, you can always contact WB Games Support to get further help.