Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Children of Morta Freezing, Crashing, Low FPS, Stuttering & Controller Issue
Fix Children of Morta Stuck on the Title Screen/Children of Morta Crashing/Freezing & FPS Issue
Step 1: Delete Old Game Files
In case you have played Demo of Children of Morta before, then there is a possibility of old games files causing issues with the game.
- Launch Steam client, go to the game library, make a right-click on Children of Morta >Select Properties -> Go to the Updates tab on the top and disable Steam Cloud synchronization for Children of Morta game.
- Navigate to the game folder \Steam\userdata\[Your Steam ID]\330020 and delete the complete 330020 folder.
- Navigate to the C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\LocalLow\
and delete the Dead Mage folder.
- Press Windows + R to open Run Box, type in regedit in the Run box and hit OK.
- Navigate to \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Dead Mage in the registry and delete the complete Dead Mage Folder.
- Reboot your PC and launch Children of Morta.
- Now select any one slot leaving the first ( try selecting second or the third)
Step 2: Verify the Integrity of Children of Morta Game Files
Make a right-click on Children of Morta on Steam Game Library ->Select Properties ->Select Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Step 3: Update the Graphics Card Driver
Visit the links provided below to update your graphics card driver.
Nvidia Users: Nvidia GeForce Experience
AMD Users: Update AMD Driver
Step 3: Update Windows, DirectX & C++ Redistributable Packages
Press Windows + I to open Windows 10 Settings, go to the Update & Security and click on Check for updates.
Windows 7 users can use this link to update Windows 7.
Step 4: Disable Anti-Aliasing
Make a right-click on the desktop to open Nvidia or AMD control panel and disable Anti-Aliasing.
Step 5: Play Children of Morta in Windowed Mode
Press Alt+ Enter to switch to windowed mode and check the performance.
Step 6: Disable Steam In-Game Overlay
Make a right-click on Children of Morta on Steam Game Library ->Select Properties ->Select General tab -> and uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
Step 6: Run Children of Morta as an Administrator
Go to the Children of Morta game folder or Children of Morta desktop shortcut, make a right-click on Children of Morta exe, click on Properties. Now go to the Compatibility tab and check the box which says Run this program as an administrator and hit Apply.
Step 7: Install Children of Morta to a Different Computer
Few players installed Children of Morta in a different computer just to get a working saves file. After the Children of Morta cloud synced to the gaming PC, players were able to play the game without any issue.
Step 8: Uninstall and Reinstall
If none of step fixes the issue with the game, then try uninstalling and reinstalling Children of Morta.
Children of Morta Save Game Files Location
For Steam users:[Your Steam Installation Folder]\Steam\userdata\[Your Steam ID]\330020\remote
For DRM Free Version Users:
Children of Morta Online Co-op Issue
For now, Children of Morta is available for player as Local CO-OP.
Online CO-OP can be made available in the near future as developers are working on it.
Source: Steam Community
Children of Morta Controller Not Working
Launch Steam in Big Picture Mode> Library > Children of Morta> Manage Game > Controller Configuration >configure the controller you want to use.
Launch Steam in Big Picture Mode > Library > Children of Morta> Manage Game > Controller Options > Disable Mouse config.
- Make right-click on Children of Morta in Steam game library and select Properties.
- Under General Tab find Steam Input Per-Game Setting.
- Select Forced Off or Forced On, try both Off and On and check which one works for you.
- Restart Children of Morta.
Disabling the steam overlay fixed the issue for many players. Make a right-click on Children of Morta on Steam Game Library ->Select Properties ->Select General tab -> and uncheck Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
Xbox Controller Not Working Children of Morta
- Launch the Steam client in big picture mode.
- In the game, press the Xbox button in the middle.
- It should give you controller config options.