Overview: Anthem is an online multiplayer action role-playing game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. Today in this post we will troubleshoot downloading, freezing, crashing, loading, and connectivity issue with the Anthem game on Xbox One. Today in this post we will get these issues fixed.
Important Updates- Loading and Login Issue: Its taking a long time to load the Anthem game because of very high demand. EA is adding more server capacity to Anthem Demo, meanwhile try relaunching the game. Login Issue: Players are also facing login issue with Anthem and other EA titles, EA is working in the background to fix this. Keep visiting for more updates.
Source: EA forum
Recent Important Updates
- Infinite loading screen- restart Anthem. EA is working on it
- Xbox users are facing connectivity issue while Accepting game invites during gameplay. Its recommended not to accept invites during gameplay. In case you are disconnected from servers, restart Anthem.
- In case you are disconnected while on a Freelancer mission, go back to Freelancer mission once you reconnect and complete the mission. You need to restart your mission from the last checkpoint. Ensure that you open any chests you find in the way.You’ll get your loot back on the end of expedition screen.
- In case you are disconnected in Freeplay, go back to it once you reconnect. Wait a few seconds, then exit Freeplay and you should get your items in the end of expedition screen.
- In case you are not able to leave an expedition when you’re in a squad, not the leader. Ask your squad leader to end the expedition or restart Anthem to exit.
- When you finish an expedition and do not receive any XP award then go for another expedition, finish it and you should receive XP for both expedition.
- The final cinematic for Triple Threat may freeze, in that case restart Anthem to start the cinematic again, or you can press B to skip it.
- Do not worry in case you do not get a loot notification when you defeat the Swarm Tyrant, you will still get loot at the end of expedition even if you don’t get a notification.
- Sometime Menu buttons may become unresponsive, close and re-open the menu to fix it.
Source: EA Help
Solution 1: Perform Hard Reset
Press and hold the power button 10-20 seconds when Xbox One is on. Unplug everything from the console, wait for 10-20 seconds, plug everything back and start the Xbox One and launch Anthem.
Solution 2: Fix Download of Anthem Game
In case Anthem game does not download or fails, follow the below steps:
Check the Xbox Live service status
Wait for the Xbox Live service to be up and running and then try to download Anthem
Check the space on your hard disk
View the notification on your Xbox One to ensure that you have enough space to download the Anthem game.
- Open the guide and go to System and select App & system notifications.
- Check for the notifications about less or unavailable hard disk space. Xbox One will notify you when hard drive space is low.
- If you find a notification regarding less hard disk space then either delete some content or add an external drive.
Solution 3: Confirm Your Gamertag linked to EA Account
Login to Origin, select your Avatar then select EA Account and Billing
Go to Connected Accounts under About Me option. Here you will be able to see which account is connected to the EA account. If its different account then login to the correct EA account. Once corrected start playing Anthem online.
Solution 4: Check Xbox One Update
Please update your Anthem game and update your Xbox One.
If you set automatic updates on Xbox One by default updates will be downloaded and installed on the console when it isn’t being used. This will improve your Xbox One experience, and it will not block you from connecting to Xbox Live until its necessary. To receive automatic updates:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System and go to Settings.
- Select System and choose Updates & downloads.
- Select Keep my console up to date for console and Keep my games & apps up to date for games & apps.
- Now Latest updates will download and install during off-hours when you are not using the console.
Solution 5: Check Error codes on the Microsoft website
Visit this link if you are receiving any error code when you try to connect to the Anthem game.
Solution 6: Open Ports
Network port allows your Xbox One to communicate with the Xbox Live servers and other Xbox One consoles over the Internet.
Open these ports
UDP: 88, 3074, 53, 500, 3544, 4500, 1863
TCP: 80, 3074, 53, 1863
Solution 7: Enable UPnP to Play Anthem
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) allows the router to automatically look and manage connections for all the systems on your network.
You have to check your router settings to see if UPnP is enabled. Please contact your ISP in case you need help in enabling UPnP
Solution 8: Check NAT Settings
To Check NAT type
Scroll left from Home to open the guide.
Select All Settings.
On the Network settings screen, in the center column under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your current NAT type.
NAT is type 1 (open)– This means you can connect to any NAT type. If you have this option selected that means you will get the best online experience
NAT is type 2 (moderate)– You can only connect to other players who have NAT types 2 or 1. This may result in voice communications issue and slow matchmaking period.
NAT is type 3 (strict)– you can only connect to players who have NAT type 1. This results in very limited voice communication and long wait time in matchmaking.
So opting for NAT 1 will be a good idea to play Anthem.
Solution 9: Reset Xbox One to the Factory Defaults
Note: Reset Xbox One to its factory defaults will delete accounts, settings, saved games, and home Xbox associations. You will lose everything which is not synchronized with Xbox Live.
Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
Select All Settings.
Select Console info & updates.
Select Reset console.
Under Reset Console, you will see three options.
1) Reset and remove everything: You will lose everything on selecting this option. Try these steps if none of the steps fix the problem.
2) Reset and keep my games & apps: Try this step first so that you don’t lose anything.
3) Cancel: To deny Reset and go back.
Once done with factory default launch Anthem.
I hope this post helped you to resolve the Anthem issue with Xbox One. Thank you so much for your valuable time.