Overview: Anthem is an online multiplayer action role-playing game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. Today in this post we troubleshooting crashing, freezing and connectivity issue with Anthem game on PS4.
Anthem PS4 Troubleshooting Steps
Make Sure That Your PSN ID Is Linked To Your EA Account
- Login into the Origin to check the which account is linked to your EA account
- First login to the origin
- Select your avatar and then click on EA Account and Billing
- Go down and select Connected Accounts under the About Me tab. Now you can see which is connected to EA Account
Ensure PS4 Is Up To Date
First, you need an internet connection. Now On the Function screen, select Settings and then System Software Update to make sure that the system has the latest version of the system software. In case there is an update available, it will automatically download the latest version. When the download is complete, you will receive a notification in the upper left corner of the screen. Click on Notification message and follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
Setting up the auto update on PS4 is the best way to keep your game up to date.
To activate auto-update follow the three steps mentioned below:
- Turn on PS4 from Network- Go to Settings then Power Saving Settings and then Set Features Available in Rest Mode and check the box next to the Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning On of PS4 from Network
- Automatic download- Go to Settings then System and then Automatic Downloads and check the box next to the Application Update Files.
- Switch on Rest Mode- Press and hold the PS button and select Enter Rest Mode. The power indicator on the PlayStation 4 system will turn orange
Doing this will update Anthem and all your PS4 games automatically.
Restart your PlayStation
If you have PS4 or PS4 Pro, press and hold the power button on the front until you hear the beep sound twice, unplug the power cable, wait 25-30 seconds and plug in the power cable once again and start PS4 and launch Anthem.
Make Sure You Have PlayStation Plus
In order to access the online feature of Anthem game, you need to have PlayStation Plus. If you are not sure, check for the gold plus symbol next to your account name. If you have the gold plus symbol that means you have got PlayStation Plus.
Check The Error Codes
In case you are receiving error codes while connecting to Anthem game visit PlayStation support site to know more about the error and follow the steps to fix it.
Get Rid Of Corrupt Downloads and Update Files
A corrupt download of Anthem game or Anthem game updates will cause many issues. So delete these corrupt downloads and try again.
Note: Deleting the files will result in game progress loss.
- Press the PS button on the controller to get the XMB screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Application Saved Data management.
- Choose Saved Data in System Storage.
- Select Delete.
- Select the Anthem game which you cannot connect.
- Delete the game data and squad or roster files.
Test Your Internet Connection
To test an Internet connection select Settings then Network and then Test Internet Connection.
Please ensure that your console is well ventilated. Ensure that all of the exhaust fans are not dusty. If the console has turned off, keep it off for a couple of hours before restarting it. If you continue to use the console while it is overheating you may risk causing hardware damage. Avoiding overheating will boost FPS drop too.
Keep Stable Internet Connection
Make sure PS4 has a stable internet connection. This will provide smooth gameplay and minimize the issues while playing Anthem game.
Try opening (forwarding) these first:
UDP: 3659, 17503, 17504, 10000-20000
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-20000, 17503, 17504, 42120, 42210, 42230, 44125, 44225, 44325
Factory Reset PS4
- Turn off the PS4 system by pressing and holding the power button on the front panel to turn off the PS4.
- Now press and hold the power button again and release the power button after you hear the second beep, you will first beep when you press the power button and the second beep will be heard after 7 seconds.
- Connect the DUALSHOCK 4 with the USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
On Safe Mode Screen you will find the Restore Default Settings,
Restoring Default Settings will not delete the saved data on your hard drive (games, save data, screenshots etc.) but will remove all of the settings applied to the system. This is a useful step if you are looking to quickly refresh all of your system’s settings to their original state. Restarting the PS4 system normally will end the Safe Mode.
I hope the steps provided above will help you to fix crashing, freezing, connectivity and different issue with Anthem game on PS4.