Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Age of Wonders Planetfall Errors, Save Issue, Missing Exe, Crashing and Freezing
Fix Age of Wonders Planetfall Error Dowser.exe Not Found
- Restart your PC, start Steam
- You might receive an update for the game
- If not resolved, verify the Integrity of the Game Files in Steam
- Make a right-click on the Age of Wonders Planetfall Game in Steam Library
- Select Properties, go to the Local Files tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files…
Unable to Save Settings and Change Language With Age of Wonders Planetfall
The problem is that the launcher writes settings to one folder, and the game itself writes to save, logs and other things to another.
Launcher writes settings to the folder:
C: \ Users \ <username> \ Documents \ Paradox Interactive \ Age of Wonders Planetfall
And the game uses the folder:
C: \ Users \ <username> \ OneDrive \ Documents \ Paradox Interactive \ Age of Wonders Planetfall
You need to copy the contents from the first folder to the second, and then change the settings only from the game itself. This should resolve the issue.
Fix Missing Planetfall Exe, Error Planetfall.exe Not found, Something Went Wrong While Updating the Game Launcher
- Restart your PC, open Steam client and launch the game.
- Verify the Integrity of the Game Files in Steam.
- Allow Age of Wonders Planetfall game to your antivirus.
- Run Age of Wonders Planetfall as an administrator
- Uninstall and reinstall Age of Wonders Planetfall
Fix Age of Wonders Planetfall Game Save/Configuration Save Issue
Workaround: Replace the setting file in one drive with the setting files in the Documents folder.
Setting files in the Documents folder: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders Planetfall
Setting file in One Drive Folder: C:\Users\<your name>\OneDrive\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Age of Wonders Planetfall
For some players, save files may be stored in one folder, and the settings file in another folder. One folder may be named Documents, and another maybe your PC’s default Doc folder. Copy the settings files to the Save folder and that should fix the game save issue.
This save issue may be fixed in next game patch, so update the game as soon as patch releases.
Antivirus Warns Age of Wonders Planetfall As a Virus/Bootstrap_v2.exe is infected with IDP.Generic/Could not start the Paradox Launcher due to Bootstrap_v2.exe error
This seems to be a false warning, allow the game to the anti-virus and continue playing the game.
Unable to Play Age of Wonders Planetfall Online/Age of Wonders Planetfall Multiplayer Issue/Unable to Play Planetfall with Your Friend
To play Age of Wonders Planetfall online or access multiplayer, you need to verify your paradox account. Visit this link https://www.paradoxplaza.com/register to create a paradox account if you have not registered. If you have registered then use the link sent to your email to verify your paradox account or resend the link.
Update Graphics Driver
Update your graphics card to play Age of Wonders Planetfall
- Nvidia users, use GeForce Experience to update your graphics card.
- AMD Users can update the graphics card using this link.
I hope the troubleshooting provided above helped you fix multiple issues with Age of Wonders Planetfall on your PC. Please leave a comment below if you find any other solution.