Can’t Get Past Intro in Darksiders Genesis, Stuck While Playing Darksiders Genesis
There are many Darksiders Genesis players facing crashing and freezing. Players are stuck in the intro and are unable to progress. Some players are unable to get past the first level, few are stuck in cutscenes, while others are unable to move freely.
If you are facing the same issue then installing the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 may fix the issue with the Darksiders Genesis game. This feature pack is applicable to PCs running Windows 10 N editions.
Scroll down to the Downloads option.
Select Media Feature Pack – Version 1903 (May 2019) from the drop-down menu and click on Confirm.
Make sure you have 1903 installed on your computer.
Click on 64 bit or 32 bit as per your version and download the file.
Once downloaded run the exe file and install it on your computer.
Restart your PC and that should resolve the issue.
Fix Darksiders Genesis Crashing and Freezing
Update Graphics Driver – Visit the links mentioned below to update your Nvidia and AMD graphics.
Update Windows – Open Windows 10 settings, go to Update & Security and click on Check for Updates to update Windows 10.
Verify the Game Files in Steam– Open Steam, go to the Library, Make a right-click on Darksiders Genesis, Select Properties. Go to “Local Files” & click on “Verify Integrity Of Game Files“.
Run the Darksiders Genesis on Dedicated Graphics Such as Nvidia or AMD
Laptop users: Make a right-click on the desktop. Select on Nvidia Control Panel, go to the 3D Settings. Click on Program Settings, click on Add and select the Darksiders Genesis exe from the list, in case Darksiders Genesis exe not available on the list, click on Browse and the Darksiders Genesis game exe. Just below, select the preferred graphics processor as a High-Performance Nvidia processor for Darksiders Genesis. Click on Apply and launch Darksiders Genesis.
Please ignore FIFA Exe selected in the pic.
Try Running the Darksiders Genesis as an Administrator- Make a right-click on Darksiders Genesis game exe. Select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, put a check on Run this program as an administrator and hit Apply.
Perform Clean Boot & Disable Startup Programs to Play Darksiders Genesis- Exit out of all the apps and programs running in the background while playing Darksiders Genesis. To perform clean boot press Windows + R to open the run box. Type MSConfig in the run box and click on OK. Navigate to the Services tab, put a tick or check on “Hide all Microsoft services”. Now click on Disable all, hit Apply and restart your PC.
Open Task Manager, navigate to the Startup tab, select each program and click on Disable. Now launch Darksiders Genesis.
Uninstall and Reinstall Darksiders Genesis- Corrupt game files can cause multiple issues with the game, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game in case the issue still persists.
Fix Error An Unreal Process Has Crashed UE4 with Darksiders Genesis
If the issue still persists, do the followings:
- Restart your PC and try launching Darksiders Genesis again.
- Run the Darksiders Genesis on Nvidia or AMD graphics card- Steps are provided under Crashing and Freezing.
- Uninstall the Nvidia Geforce Experience software from your PC.
- Verify the game files.
- Update Windows.
- Update Graphics driver- If that doesn’t help then try rolling back to the previous version.
- Do not overclock your GPU, in case you have enabled GPU overclocking, reset it to the factory settings.
- In case, you are using the “N” edition of windows then installing the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 may fix the error.
Mouse Not Working After Using Alt + Tab in Darksiders Genesis
If your mouse stops responding after tabbing out the game then use the Esc key to pause the game before tabbing out. This is not a fix but follow this workaround till there is a fix.
How to Fix Blurry Graphics in Darksiders Genesis
Go to the in-game settings, go to Options in video settings. Set Anti-Aliasing to Low or turn off the Anti-aliasing to remove blur from the Darksiders Genesis game.
Fix Vorpal Lock Issue in Darksiders Genesis
If you are not able to get the Vorpal to lock anything then use the Shift key to do so.
Fix Failed to initialize Audio in Darksiders Genesis
- Try running the Darksiders Genesis game as an administrator.
- Run Windows Audio troubleshooter: Go to the bottom right of your computer screen and make a right-click on the speaker icon and click on Troubleshoot sound problem.
- Disable Unnecessary Audio Device – Open sound settings by making a right-click on the speaker icon, launch Sound Control Panel, go to the Playback tab and disable all the audio devices which you are not using.
- Update Audio Driver- Make a right-click on the Windows Start menu and click on the device manager. Under Sound video and game controllers, select the audio device such as Realtek, make a right-click to update the audio driver. If that does not resolve the issue then update the audio driver from the system manufacturer’s website.
- Also, perform clean boot which many times fix the audio error – steps to perform clean boot is provided under crashing heading.