Troubleshooting Guide to Fix Borderlands 3 Save Error, Error LS-0013, 88500000 Error, Crashing, Freezing, Audio, Ultrawide & Game Texture Issue on PC
Fix Borderlands 3 Status 88500000
Update Epic Games Launcher
- Close Epic Games launcher, make sure to exit it from the hidden system tray.
- Restart the launcher, the launcher should automatically update itself if there are pending update.
- After the update, launch Borderlands 3.
Install the Latest Version of Epic Games Launcher
In case the issue still persists, visit this link, download and install the latest version of Epic Games Launcher.
Fix Borderlands 3 Error “Your Settings Have Failed to save. Would You Like to Try Saving Again?”
Disable Ransomware protection while playing the game
- Type in Windows Security on Windows search box and launch Windows security.
- Select Virus & threat protection, scroll down and click on Manage ransom protection.
- Toggle the controller folder access button from on to off.
Add exclusion for Epic Games Launcher & Borderlands 3
- Go to Virus & threat protection as mentioned above, click on Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings.
- Scroll down and click on Add or remove exclusions under Exclusions option.
- Now click on Add an exclusion and select Folder.
- Now browse Epic Games Launcher folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games) and add it, same way locate Borderlands 3 game folder and add it to the list.
Unlink One Drive
- Make a right-click on one drive icon located on the bottom right of the screen, sometimes one drive icon can be found under the hidden system tray.
- Select Settings, and click on unlink this PC under Account option.
Disable Antivirus Program While Playing Borderlands 3
If you have any third-party antivirus running such as Avast, Norton, F secure, etc. please disable it while playing Borderlands 3.
Fix Borderlands 3 Crashing, Freezing, Low FPS and Stuttering
- Many players were able to fix the crashing by switching from windowed borderless to fullscreen.
- Update System Chipset and BIOS from the system manufacturer’s website.
- Switch from DX12 to DX11 in-game.
- Update Graphics driver- Nvidia users can use GeForce Experience and AMD users can use Auto-update feature to update the drivers.
- Verify or Repair Borderlands 3 in Epic Games Launcher- Launch Epic Games Launcher, go to Library, click on the Setting icon (gear icon) on the Borderlands 3 tile and click on Verify from the drop-down menu.
- Play Borderlands 3 on Dedicated Graphics Card: Launch NVIDIA Control Panel by making a right-click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. Select Manage 3D settings, go to the Program Settings tab and click on Add. Find Borderlands 3 exe and add it, now set preferred graphics processor to High-performance Nvidia processor and select Apply.
- Close all apps running in the background while playing Borderlands 3.
- Run Borderlands 3 as an administrator.
How to Change DX12 settings to DX11 in Borderlands 3
Go to the GameUserSettings.ini, you can find it in documents or my games folder, change the DirectX value as mentioned below:
Fix Borderlands 3 Audio issue
- Turn Off Spatial Sound- Make a right-click on Speaker icon and turn off the spatial sound.
- Disconnect all external peripherals which you are not using.
- Select the Speaker which you want to use- Make a right-click on the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of your screen, select Sounds or Open Sound settings, open Sound Control panel located on the right side of the screen, go to the Playback tab, disable all the audio devices except the speaker which you want to use.
- Uninstall audio drivers such as Focusrite or suffire6.
- Open Sound Control panel, make a right-click on the audio device, go to the Advanced tab and select 24bit, 48k Hz, click on Apply and hit OK.
Fix Ultrawide Cutscenes Issue
Many players were able to fix ultrawide cutscenes issue by turning off FidelityFX Sharpening. Go to the Advanced Visual Settings and disable FidelityFX Sharpening.
Fix Borderlands 3 Broken Game Texture
Many players were able to fix the texture issue by deleting the graphics config file. Navigate to game folder and delete the graphics config file and restart Borderlands 3.
Fix Borderlands 3 LS-0013 Error
- Make right-click on the Borderlands 3 desktop shortcut or find the Borderlands 3 exe in the game installation folder. Click on Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and uncheck the box which says Run this Program as an administrator, click on Apply and hit OK.
- You can also try this: Go to the game library in epic games launcher and create a shortcut using the cog icon and then launch Borderlands 3.
Fix Borderlands 3 Corrupted Save File/Corrupt Game Character/Corrupt Character Save
Go to the save game folder and rename the save files.
- Restart your PC and Epic launcher and check the progress.
- If the issue still persists, go to the game save folder, try renaming the save file with a slightly different name and launch the game.
Note- Make a backup before renaming the save file.
For example: Save folder may show you find 1.sav (maybe corrupt) and a 1.sav~RF29c8d6.TMP file, try renaming the corrupt file to 1.sav.tmp and rename the other one to 1.sav.
You may find the save file here: C:\Users\windows_username\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 3\Saved\SaveGames
Where is the Borderlands 3 Save File Location
Save File location: C:\Users\windows_username\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 3\Saved\SaveGames
Update Windows to fix this error: Windows 7 users visit this link to download and install windows update KB2533623.
Fix Borderlands 3 Resolution Reset Issue
Go to the game folder and find Borderlands 3 exe,(usually located here: Borderlands3\OakGame\Binaries\Win64), make a right-click on exe file and select Properties, go to the Compatibility tab and check the box which says Run this program as an administrator, then click on Change high DPI settings and put a check on both the boxes.
Borderlands 3 Launching on the Wrong Monitor
- Launch Borderlands 3 in windowed mode and drag it to the screen you want and then set it to borderless screen.
- Make a right-click on the desktop, select Display Setting, go to Advanced display settings, select the screen you want to use as a primary display.
- Move the Epic Games Launcher icon to the right monitor and launch the game.
Borderlands 3 Xbox 360 Controller Issue
- Restart your PC, make sure to disconnect unwanted peripherals connected to the computer.
- Disable the Rumble option from the Settings.
Borderlands 3 Crashing on Claptrap Dance
- Go to the Documents or My Games folder and open the Borderlands 3 folder. Open GameUserSettings.ini in notepad and locate PreferredGraphicsAPI and change the value to PreferredGraphicsAPI=DX11 and launch the game with DX11 settings.
- Update Windows 10.
- Run Borderlands 3 in Fullscreen Mode.
- Turn on Vsync.
- Rollback the graphics drivers to the older version.
- Lower down the texture streaming.
- Update system BIOS
Fix Borderlands 3 Error Video Driver Crashed and was Reset! Make Sure Your Video Drivers are Up to Date
Run the game with DX11 settings to fix this.
Alt+TAB Causing FPS Drops Borderlands 3
Avoid using Fullscreen Mode and try adding to resolution Scaling 67%.
Borderlands 3 Stuck on Splash Screen
Verify the game files using the gear icon on Borderlands 3 game tile in Epic games launcher and run the Borderlands 3 with DX11 settings.
Unable to Play Borderlands 3 Offline
Disconnect the internet connection on your computer and use the sign in later option to play Borderlands 3 offline.
Unable to Turn Off Vsync in Borderlands 3
Switch to the window mode and then try to turn off Vsync.
How to Fix Borderlands 3 SHIFT Account Login Issue
- Visit the Borderlands website.
- Log in and go to the SHIFT Profile.
- Go to the Settings gear icon and click on Epic icon to link it, it will redirect to an epic website where you have to log in and it will be linked.
- Next time you restart Borderlands 3 game, it will be connected to SHiFT.
I hope this article helped you to fix Borderlands 3 Save Error, Error LS-0013, 88500000 Error, Crashing, Freezing, Audio, Ultrawide & Game Texture Issue on PC.